Boise Kidney & Hypertension Institute’s Research Division aims to set the standard in clinical research. With an overriding concern for patient safety, BKHI Research Division provides premier research professionals to conduct all clinical trial related activities with the utmost accuracy and timeliness, while ensuring personable and professional patient care and conduct.
Boise Kidney has been conducting research in the Treasure Valley since opening in 2005. Our team has written and conducted investigator initiated trials to further the areas of chronic kidney disease, anemia management, and dialysis treatment standards of care. Boise Kidney has also participated in many pharmaceutical sponsored clinical research trials for a variety of indications including: Anemia, Catheter Occlusion, Home Hemodialysis, Artery Calcification, Diabetes, and Hypertension.
Under the direction of Arnold Silva, MD, PhD, Boise Kidney & Hypertension Institute partners with Frenova Renal Research to conduct clinical trials. Frenova Renal Research, a Fresenius Medical Care North America company, is the only Phase I-IV drug and device clinical development services provider dedicated exclusively to renal research. Frenova provides access to the largest renal research site network in the world.
Boise Kidney & Hypertension Institute is a member of the Frenova F1RST Up alliance, a highly select group of sites chosen for their expertise in renal research and track record of rapid patient recruitment and retention.
Currently Enrolling Studies:
For more information about each trial, click on the links below.
- Click: Trial Information|Identifier: NCT02836574
- Sponsor: inRegen – T2DM, Diabetic NephropathyMulti-center, prospective, open-label, randomized, double-arm, deferred treatment study whereby eligible subjects will be randomized 1:1 after kidney biopsy to receive up to 2 injections of NKA (made from expanded autologous selected renal cells) into the biopsied kidney beginning as soon as NKA can be prepared, or the same series of up to 2 injections given 6 months (+4 weeks) apart beginning 12 months after renal biopsy.
- Click: Trial Information|Identifier: NCT03270956
- Sponsor: inRegen – T2DM, Diabetic NephropathyTherapeutic intervention with NKA is intended to delay the need for renal replacement therapy (dialysis or transplant) which, based on the current standard of care, is inevitable for patients with end stage CKD. The purpose of the present study is to assess the safety and efficacy of up to 2 injections of NKA given 6 months (+4 weeks) apart (maximum).
- Click: Trial Information|Identifier: NCT02876835
- Sponsor: GlaxoSmithKline – AnemiaMulti-center event driven study in Non-dialysis participants with Anemia associated with Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Click: Trial Information|Identifier: NCT03762850
- Sponsor: Retrophin, Inc. – IgA NephropathyTo determine the long-term (approximately 2 years) nephroprotective potential of treatment with sparsentan as compared to an angiotensin receptor blocker in patients with immunoglobulin A nephropathy (IgAN).
- Click: Trial Information|Identifier: NCT03493685
- Sponsor: Retrophin, Inc. – Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)To determine the long-term nephroprotective potential of treatment with sparsentan as compared to an angiotensin receptor blocker in patients with primary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS).
- Click: Trial Information|Identifier: NCT03165227
- Sponsor: Boehringer Ingelheim – Diabetic NephropathiesThe main objective of this trial is the safety and tolerability of 3 multiple rising oral doses of BI 685509 over 28 days in male and female patients with Diabetic Nephropathy (DN) as adjunctive to Angiotensin Converting Enzyme inhibitor (ACEi) or Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB). Another objective is the change in Urine Albumin Creatinine Ratio (UACR), an important diagnostic marker of nephropathy.
- Click: Trial Information|Identifier: NCT03918447
- Sponsor: Reata Pharmaceuticals – Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney (ADPKD)This international, multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 3 trial will study the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of bardoxolone methyl in qualified patients with ADPKD. Approximately 300 patients will be enrolled.
- Click: Trial Information|Identifier: NCT03602261
- Sponsor: OPKO Ireland Global Holding Ltd. – Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (SHPT)Safety, Efficacy, PK and PD of CTAP101 (calcifediol) ER Capsules for SHPT in HD Patients VDI